Baldwin Library History Room
Our local source for local history – A great space for learning about our past.
- cemetery records
- issues of the Baldwin Bulletin
- census records
- area maps
- genealogical records
- historic magazines and books
- files full of clippings that highlight historic places and past events.
Volunteer in the History Room
- identify faces and places in old photos
- assist with genealogy
- add clippings and information to the genealogical binders.
Baldwin Area Historical Society
Meets 2nd Thursday of each month in the History Room from 4 – 5:30pm.
- visit the Historical Society website
- call Baldwin Area Historical Society President Leila Albert at 715-222-9485 for information and meeting dates
Become a member, make donations, join committees, or volunteer your time.
History Night at the Library
2nd Thursday of the month from 4 to 5:30pm,
Hosted by the Baldwin Area Historical Society
Join historical society members in the history room to talk and do history.
- ask questions about family or building history
- look at old photos and help identify them
- learn about the new microfilm scanner
- look at census records newly opened to the public, etc.
For more information call Leila at: 715-222-9485
This purchase was made possible through a generous anonymous donation and the hard work of the Friends of the Baldwin Library.
- Access resources much more easily
- view microfilm from over 100 years of the Baldwin Bulletin newspaper
- Search for names or topics of interest
- adjust the size of the text or the brightness,
- print it out or e-mail it to someone or save it to a portable device.
Make an appointment to learn or try it at the next History Night.
Baldwin Public Library
400 Cedar Street
P.O. Box 475
Baldwin, WI 54002
11/11/20: Due to the rapid spread of COVID cases in our area at this time, the library will close its doors to browsing for a while. We are still here to help you, however! We will bring items to you through curbside pick-up, will accept jobs for copying, faxing, and scanning. You can email us documents to print out and pick up. Please call us at 715-684-3813 or email us at: email@example.com
Our service hours will be:
Mon/Wed/Fri 10:00 - 4:00
Tue/Thu 10:00 - 6:00
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Register at the library and get your tracking sheets.
Read to your baby or toddler.
It’s never too early to start a child's love for books.
Read 3 books a day for 1 year = 1095.
After every 100 sheet is filled, bring it to the library and a balloon with your child’s name will go up on our blue sky chart.
At the end, your child will get their photo taken for the newspaper and website, a certificate of accomplishment, and a free book!
NOTE: Because of public health concerns, there will be NO Storytime this fall and winter, sorry. Look for online versions soon.
Normally September-May, no registration required, cancelled if school is cancelled
Pre-school Class, ages 3-5
stories, songs, crafts, plays
45 minutes, without parents
Lap-sit Class, ages 0-3
simple stories, lots of actions and songs
children sit on the parent's lap 20 minutes
Music and Movement
NOTE: Because of public health concerns, there will be NO Music & Movement this fall and winter, sorry. Look for online versions soon.
Normally Fridays @ 10am, Sept-May
For babies to Pre-K children.
Join in a music and dance program. Try easy musical instruments, march and dance around the room, and do fun exercises and games.
" The Magic of Dr. Seuss" a special in-person program of funny magic and popular books!
Saturday, March 6th
You MUST register ahead to reserve a time slot for safety seating. Call 715-684-3813 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or use linked form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16zCgYk1FuVO-FhraWpFPYL7siwpR2JYMqVhRcMD_GUU/edit