Baldwin Library History Room
Our local source for local history – A great space for learning about our past.
- cemetery records
- issues of the Baldwin Bulletin
- census records
- area maps
- genealogical records
- historic magazines and books
- files full of clippings that highlight historic places and past events.
Volunteer in the History Room
- identify faces and places in old photos
- assist with genealogy
- add clippings and information to the genealogical binders.
Baldwin Area Historical Society
Meets 2nd Thursday of each month in the History Room from 4 – 5:30pm.
- visit the Historical Society website
- call Baldwin Area Historical Society President Leila Albert at 715-222-9485 for information and meeting dates
Become a member, make donations, join committees, or volunteer your time.
History Night at the Library
2nd Thursday of the month from 4 to 5:30pm,
Hosted by the Baldwin Area Historical Society
Join historical society members in the history room to talk and do history.
- ask questions about family or building history
- look at old photos and help identify them
- learn about the new microfilm scanner
- look at census records newly opened to the public, etc.
For more information call Leila at: 715-222-9485
This purchase was made possible through a generous anonymous donation and the hard work of the Friends of the Baldwin Library.
- Access resources much more easily
- view microfilm from over 100 years of the Baldwin Bulletin newspaper
- Search for names or topics of interest
- adjust the size of the text or the brightness,
- print it out or e-mail it to someone or save it to a portable device.
Make an appointment to learn or try it at the next History Night.
Baldwin Public Library
400 Cedar Street
P.O. Box 475
Baldwin, WI 54002
Mon, Wed, Fri 10-4pm
Tues & Thurs 2-6pm
Curbside still available.