Job Seeker Resources
Click to view the MORE comprehensive job-seekers’ website.
Find job-search tips and links to job lists, free online classes to brush up your job skills including typing and computers, expert advice on how to apply for unemployment or other kinds of assistance, special information about going back to school or the military, and a section devoted to people with disabilities, plus much more.
Created from a federal grant through our area’s IFLS Library System.
Job Center Wednesdays
IN-PERSON VISITS TEMPORARILY HALTED due to public health crisis. Dana will help you job-search over the phone if you call us to make an appointment. Set up an appointment by calling 715-684-3813.
Normally the Third Wednesday each month between 1-3pm, no appointment necessary. A Job Center expert comes to the library to meet with anyone interested in job searching ideas, how to look online for jobs, how to type up a resume or check the one you have, interviewing tips, etc.
Can’t make it? Set up an appointment by calling 715-684-3813.
Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Computer Skills MOOC (Wisc Online): From Wisconsin Technical College System
- Create a shortcut from your desktop to this course for those who need the basics or specific help needs like an introduction to social media. This covers practicing using a mouse all the way to protecting your information online and using social media and email.
- Microsoft Office Training Center: Get going quickly and easily with Office 365 video training for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and more.
Resume and CV Resources
Job Search Engines
- Job Center of Wisconsin: Create a free account with the Job Center of Wisconsin website to build and revise your resume and electronically submit it to employers.
- CareerBuilder.com: Officially, we’re a global, end-to-end human capital solutions company. But, that just means that we combine the best in advertising, software and services to help companies find, hire and manage great talent.
- Indeed.com: Indeed helps companies of all sizes hire the best talent and offers the best opportunity for job seekers to get hired.
- Monster.com: Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people.
- USAJobs: USAJOBS connects job seekers with federal employment opportunities across the United States and around the world.
Job Center of Wisconsin
Create or Update a Resume
Create a free account with the Job Center of Wisconsin website to build and revise your resume and electronically submit it to employers.
Connect to employment opportunities based on your skills rather than on job titles.
Search for Wisconsin Jobs
Use the Job Center of Wisconsin website search tool.
Job Seeker Resources
Choose from one of the five topic headings: look for jobs, plan a career, wages and occupations, training and education, other assistance.
Find job fairs, career expos, recruitment sessions, and other events to help job seekers make connections with employers.
Labor Market Information
Read reports, projections, and trends in Wisconsin’s job market.
Training and Education
Find information about apprenticeships, training programs, Wisconsin colleges and universities, financial aid, and more.
Research Wisconsin’s diverse industries, and find information on wages, trends, and other subjects.
Baldwin Public Library
400 Cedar Street
P.O. Box 475
Baldwin, WI 54002
Mon, Wed, Fri 10:00-4:00pm
Tues & Thurs 2:00-6:00pm
Curbside still available.
Library Mission Statement
We believe in the freedom to read, to learn, to discover and share ideas.
We provide free and equal access to books, programs, electronic media, and other resources as well as professional guidance in finding and using them.
We offer cultural and educational experiences through opportunities for lifelong learning, spaces to connect and engage, and by fostering a love of reading and commitment to literacy.
As our town grows and changes we will continue to enrich the quality of life here by maintaining a community center that is a vibrant and welcoming place.